Tuesday, September 24, 2013

" LADY'S SLIPPER " Day 24 / 30 in 30 Days of Painting ~

A walk in the woods you may find this rare wild beauty called the " Lady's Slipper"  The pair of pink slippers hang ever so delicate.  I found a  sweet patch of pink Lady's Slippers while walking our golden retriever in the Maine woods near our house.  The dew was still dripping from the light morning rain running down off the petals.  I stooped down to snap a couple of photo's.  It  was interesting as I started this watercolor painting, I stepped back for a moment looking and I realize how much this flower looks just like a pair of ladies ballerina slippers ~ It also reminds me of the orchid family a little exotic ~

15x22 Original Watercolor/  Double Matted  22x 28  Not framed
PRICE:   $ 475.00

2 comments:

Cindy Williams said...

Nice lady's slipper, lovely :)

Cindy Williams said...

Nice lady's slipper, lovely :)